Monday, February 21, 2011
NBA All Star Game
Yesterday night i watched the NBA All star game, which consist of the best players from the eastern and western conferences. The All -Star game this year seemed to be more intense than other years past. I loved how Kobe Bryant and Lebron James put on a good show for the fans during the game. Even though the All Star game doesn't mean anything, it was nice for the players to play hard, and put on a great show for the fans. But should the NBA All Star game count for something? For example, the winning conference earning home court advantage in the playoffs, or should the game continue to have no meaning and just be for fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think it should count for anything. That is what I don't like about the MLB All-Star Game. I think it should be just a game for fun, if you put too much pressure on the players to win the game it takes away their chance to show off their skills and just have fun and play.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Steph. I do not think that the NBA All-Star game should count for anything. I think it should be a fun environment for the players and the fans. The players can show off their skills, like Steph said, and it would be fun for them and also fun for the fans to see skills that maybe they haven't seen during the season.
ReplyDeleteI agree too. I think that the NBA all-star game (more than any other of the professional sports leagues in the US) is the biggest joke of them all. It's really just the ball hogs shooting around and seeing who can score the most points. But I guess that's what the NBA has come down to today.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I would call it a joke. It is all supposed to be for fun, but the ball hog thing is pro basketball today. If your one or two star players have a bad game, you will lose. Does anyone really believe the Lakers can win if Kobe scores 5 points?
ReplyDeleteI dont think it is a joke either. The best players shoot since that is what the fans want to see at the all star game. Wouldnt you rather see someone like Kobe, or LeBron jack up shots at the all star game rather than some no name guy in his 1st apperance.
ReplyDeleteThe all-star game should stay the same. It is good to watch all the superstars on one court playing against against each other. The players do mess around but that is because they are having fun. I like to see them have fun and play freely.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't even go as far as to say the players are being ball hogs. Just like the pro bowl in the NFL, players aren't going to give all out energy on the defensive end in order to avoid injury, so it is expected that the game will be a ridiculous score.
ReplyDelete